There are quite a lot of reasons why you might want to see connected devices on your TP Link router. Maybe, you are suspicious about someone using your wifi without your concern, or you are just curious about the connected devices. But there are not too many people out there who know how to check connected devices on wifi router tp link.
If the same goes for you as well, then I am here to help you out. In this article, I will be talking about how you can check connected devices on your wireless network. As well as tell you about MAC ID filtering. So no one will be able to use your wireless connection without your concern.
So here we go:
How to check connected devices on wifi router TP Link?
1. Go to the tplinklogin net login page and login using the default router credentials.
2. Once logged in, click on the Wireless option from the left side menu.
3. Then click on the Wireless Statistics option, and over here, you will get to see a list of all the current connected wireless station numbers.
In case if you find any suspicious device connected to your router, I would recommend you to change TP Link wifi password and enable Mac address filtering.
What is Mac Address Filtering?
Mac address filtering allows you to add a list of devices that can only access your wifi network. Each and every device comes with its own Mac address. And whenever you define the media access control address or MAC ID to a router, the router will only allow the wifi to be connected to the defined Mac address devices.
This means, even if a device knows your wifi password, the device will still not be able to connect to your wifi network. To do so, the device Mac address needs to be added to your router.
How to enable Mac address filtering in TP Link router?
1. At first, go to tplinklogin page and use your router login details to login.
2. Then click on Wireless and go to Wireless MAC Filtering option.
3. Over here, enable the Wireless Mac Filtering.
4. Next, select “Deny the stations not specified by any enabled entries in the list to access.” Option under filtering rules.
5. Now, you will need to click on Add New and enter your device’s MAC Address and hit the save button.
So that was all for your question how to check connected devices on wifi router tp link. Using these steps, you can check which device is connected to your wireless device. As well as add an extra layer of security for your connected devices. So go ahead and try the steps out and see how they are working for you.