Is your router offering poor performance or have any kind of bug that needs to be solved? If yes, then updating router firmware is something you need to perform. So the question is how to update firmware on tp link router?
Most of the routers available out there supports firmware update, and it helps your router to work better, fix annoying bugs and so on. Also, it can make your router support faster internet speed.
But not many people know how to update firmware of their router. So in case if the same goes for you, then let me just share a step by step guide with you:
How to update firmware on TP Link router?
Router firmware update is extremely important. It offers you new security feature, vulnerability fixes, and helps in improving the overall performance of your Router.
Also, before you go ahead and update firmware on TP Link router, there are a few things that you should keep in mind. Such as:
- You Router should only be upgraded to a firmware version, which is specially made for your Router’s model. Also, there are firmware updates only made for specific regions. And by upgrading to the wrong firmware version, your Router may no longer work properly. Also, it can void the warranty.
- You should avoid upgrading your router firmware over a wireless connection unless the Router has the wireless connection option.
- Make sure to avoid turning off the power of your Router during the upgrade process as it can damage your Router.
Anyway, let’s just go ahead and talk about the steps that you have to follow to update firmware on TP link router:
Step 1: First of all, go to the official website of TP Link.
Step 2: From the homepage, click on Support and go to the Download Center.
Step 3: Then you will get an option to enter the model number of your Router and you will get the available download options.
Step 4: Or, you can scroll down, and under the Router section, simply choose your router model and click on it.
Step 5: Then, you will get redirected to a new page. From here, click on the Firmware tab and scroll down, and you will get the option to download firmware.
Step 6: After that, you have to go to the TP Link Login page and use your credentials to login.
Step 7: Next, go to System Tools and select Firmware Upgrade.
Step 8: Then click on, choose and select the firmware that you have downloaded.
Step 9: Finally, hit the upgrade button and wait for the upgrade process to be finished, and you should be good to go.
So that was all for your question that says how to update firmware on TP link router. Upgrading router firmware is not really a complicated task. Just make sure you are downloading the right firmware version for your Router. Also, in case if there is anything you wish to ask, then do feel free to drop a comment below, and I will surely help you out with your query.
- How To Factory Reset TP Link Router?
- How To Change Wifi Password TP Link?
- How To Reset TP Link AC1750 Router?